When the owner of the S class spoke to me about it he said it didn’t run very well. I feel one of the reasons for this poor running was that it used the old “American” pickup system of half the wheels on the tender collecting current from one rail and the loco collecting from the other. I my book this simply means that you’re essentially only using half to available pick up points for current collection. After replacing all the wheels on the loco for modern insulated versions I installed pickups on all available wheels. This photo shows the tender with my standard current collection system; pickup wipers on the backs of all wheels, insulation provided by copper clad sleeper material (in this case left over sleeper material from some Marcway points I made 15 years ago) and more copper clad used to transfer the current to the front of the tender.