I began working on the Waratah Model Railway Co 5 ton yard crane kit a couple of days ago and it’s proved a nice diversion from the bigger agenda of finalising the scenery on the 3rd module and getting rails to the pier.
As is my usual habit I didn’t take a great deal of notice of the instructions that were supplied with the kit but I did notice a reference to “diagram” that I hadn’t received. A quick call and this was sent to me by a friend.
I found this kit a real pleasure to assemble although the model turned out far bigger than I’d expected. I don’t know why, I’d sat the base on the vacant spot before starting. It was just that the jib stuck out much further than I’d expected.
The next step is to give it a coat of grey primer over which I’ll apply a coat of rust and crud.