I wanted to demonstrate how relatively quick this method of using DAS as a modelling medium is in getting good results. I was off work today and spent a couple of hours working on the mill. I spent the time carving in the blockwork foundation.
I suppose I managed to get about 2 1/2 hours of time to spend on the project and the foundation is completed.
I’m currently trying to decide how I intend colouring the building because this step is rushing up. I’m thinking of a black India ink wash over the whole building, various appropriate acrylic colours painted on the stones and bricks and then a set of washes (mostly yellow ochre and an olive-green to represent moss where the stones get wet) of water colours thinned right down. I need to do some experiments.